1. Your Privacy
Outdoor Elegance is committed to protecting the privacy of everyone who shops or interacts with us, and this policy sets out our commitment to you on privacy. We take this responsibility seriously and ensure that we comply with our obligations under the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 whenever your personal information is collected, used or shared.
- Always use fair and lawful means of collecting your information, and in most circumstances collect your information directly from you;
- Handle your information securely and carefully, and only use your information if necessary to deliver you a service, or perform other necessary business functions and activities;
- Not use your information for purposes unrelated to our services without first obtaining your consent; and
- Wherever possible give you the option of interacting anonymously with us, if practicable and lawful to do so
2. The information we collect:
- Information that you give us
We receive and store any information that you provide when you use our website or provide in the course of an enquiry. Examples of information collected include but are not limited to; name, address, phone, email and other contact details, merchandise information and method of payment.
- Automatic Information Like many websites, we use "cookies" and obtain certain types of information from you when you click through online advertising placed by Burning Log on third-party sites or our own sites. Examples of information collected include but are not limited to; Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, email addresses, computer connection information including browser type, time zone, browser plug-in types, operating system. For more information about our cookies policy click here.
When you view our website from a mobile device we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. Should you wish to not share your location or any other information auto-relayed from your device please contact your service provider or follow steps to turn off location services on your device.
We want to ensure that any email communication that you receive from us is about products or services that we know interest you. One of the ways we do this is by receiving information about what emails you open and those you don't. We also aim to ensure that we don't double up on customers who may be present on more than one subscriber list.
- Information from other sources
We have co-brands that operate within our business and we may receive account information, purchase information and page-view information from these businesses in order to better serve you. For example, If a product is purchased through one of our partners but is deliverable to an out of state area to their headoffice they may contact one of us to deliverthe products to you. In order to do so, we receive information about you, we do this so that we can ensure you receive the best service in a timely manner.
3. Why & How we process your information
We collect your information to ensure we provide the best possible service to you. We handle your personal information to support our business functions and to provide a service most suitable for you based on your previous sales history and product interests. We may provide marketing communications to you on an ongoing basis using the information provided by you to us.
- To Provide the services and products you request:
When using our website or our in-store service any data you provide will be utilised to provide the product and service you have selected. This may be through an online or in-store transaction including but not limited to; Sales, Customer Orders and Refunds. If you submit an enquiry online for a product or service we use the data provided to contact you to complete this service. If you contact our customer service team we will use information about you such as payment or delivery information, or your purchase history to help you resolve a problem or question.
- To communicate information about our Products, Services, Events and/or for Other Promotional Purposes:
If you're an existing customer of Outdoor Elegance we may use the email address provided to send you marketing communications about products or services that we believe suits you unless you have opted out. To opt out of this process you can email us at email@example.com or you can select unsubscribe in our emails. In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information about our products, services, events and promotions. This may be through an opt-in selection on an online or in-store signup form or through agreeing to our terms and conditions at the point of sale. Where legally required we will always ask your permission for sending you marketing communications.
- To operate, improve and maintain our business, products and services:
We may use the data you provide to us to operate our business. Any purchase you make may be used for accounting, auditing or other financial functions. We will also use your purchase information to improve our offering to our customers by diagnosing any issues with our sales process and the administration of our sites.
- To protect our rights, property or safety:
Any data you provide may be used to prevent or detect fraud, abuse, illegal uses or violations of our Terms & Conditions.
- For general research and analysis purposes:
We may use the data you provide to improve our online or instore offering by determining the best customer experience.
4. How secure is the information we collect?
We acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security of our customers' personal information. We endeavour to ensure that your personal information is kept secure by reasonable security measures including but not limited to physical, administrative, and technical safeguards. We provide these safeguards through our own internal systems and through the use of third parties. These safeguards include physical security safeguards, information security technologies and staff procedures to help ensure the appropriate disposal of information, and training programs.
Some examples of our security safeguards are as follows;
- Passwords are required to access your online account and help to protect your account information
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificates on our website to help protect personal information through encryption. The presence of an SSL certificate is visible on most browsers through the representation of a closed lock or solid key. This representation will vary from browser to browser.
- Where a payment is made instore or online we use secured networks, encryption and other protections of cardholder data. These are often provided by third-party payment organisations, for example, the National Australia Bank, E-way, Pay-Pal and Zip Money.
5. Which Information can you access?
We are more than happy to update your personal details at any time or where possible allow you to opt out of our marketing. We take all reasonable steps to maintain your information to ensure it is up-to-date. For more information about your customer file, you can contact us at any time to discuss what information we have stored or to update your details. Please include your current contact information (Full Name, Email & Phone Number), the information you are requesting to access/update and any changes you may have. We will only update the information of an account if you are the sole account holder and any joint name accounts will require permission from both parties to ensure that we are protecting the privacy of everyone involved to abide by legal and internal obligations.
6. Complaints, Contact Information and Changes
If you wish to discuss a perceived breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact our privacy officer or an appropriate senior representative of our company. We request that we receive any complaint in writing and for you to provide us details about the breach. We may discuss your complaint with our personal or our service providers where appropriate. We will investigate the complaint in a timely manner and attempt to resolve it in any way we can. If we cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint avenue is available to you internally we may refer your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner for Further Investigation and will provide you with the information for the Commissioner.
7. Related practices and Information:
- Conditions of Use
- Internet Advertising and Cookies Policy